Sunday, November 20, 2016

Getting started with AppDesigner

During the CRM UG Summit I was approached in the Medic booth by two nice guys from Microsoft  who asked me if they could show me and get my opinion on a new feature of Dynamics 365. It was the AppDesigner. There had been so much hype around a lot of the other stuff (editable grids, editable grids, editable grids) that I hadn't noticed this and when they showed it and I had time to think about it I recognized that it is really a cool and useful feature that I think can do a lot of good in the system.

One of the things I try to evangelize about is to slim the system down, not "dumb it down" but make it slim, and efficient to what you are trying to do. Hence not include a lot of unnecessary stuff. The AppDesigner is excellent for this, it creates subsets of Dynamics 365 (not operations/financials) into what are called apps. With their own sitemaps, view sets, form sets, business process flow sets, chart sets.

I made another film about this, on how to enable and get going with it. Why not watch it?


Gustaf Westerlund
MVP, Founder and CTO at CRM-konsulterna AB
www.crmkonsulterna.se

No comments:

Post a Comment